Wearing a brand-new pair of shoes out in the rain or snow and then returning home to see water marks or circles of road salt is disheartening.
All Timberland footwear is not watertight. Even if they are, they may still become dirty and show their age. Waterproofing your shoes is a great way to preserve various types of leather from becoming ruined by water and challenging stains.
Shoes constructed from animal skin, particularly nubuck and suede, benefit greatly from waterproofing since any signs of wear are immediately apparent. You may use a protective spray to waterproof leather shoes and preserve them for a long time.
Here, I’ve enlisted the best waterproof spray for Timberland boots that will enhance your work shoes’ longevity.
How Does Waterproof Spray Work on Boots?
Applying a specific waterproof spray to your shoes is one of the finest methods to keep them dry during rainy weather. The whole procedure takes very little time to complete. After application, your shoes will be protected against water for a maximum of one month.
If you treat the leather with good protection and waterproofing spray, your shoes will last a long time. Spraying leather with a protector generates a protective barrier that repels water and dirt but still allows some moisture to pass through. After the material is treated, cleaning the shoes requires less work. Your leather shoes might be ruined when you use too much muscle.
Fabrics like leather or suede, canvas, and suede may be waterproofed by spraying them with silicone, filling the material’s pores. However, not all sprays are created equal. Some are more suited for moderate use and hard usage, while others are made with particular materials in mind.
Spraying your shoes to make them waterproof is only a good idea when the weather is damp. It’s the best way to protect your shoes from water damage if you reside in a wet climate. You should still try to avoid spots with excessive dampness on the ground.
Get These Waterproof Sprays for Your Timberland Boots
Kiwi Boot Waterproofer
Get this for your Timberland boots this winter, and you won’t regret it. I bought my first pair of boots, and I didn’t want them to get the dark color it does when people get them wet. So I bought this spray. The instructions were easy to follow, and the water ran off the boots the next day. My boots still look new to this day.
This is the perfect product to use for protecting your Timberland work boots from outside hazards. No matter how muddy or wet the ground is, your boots will stay dry thanks to this product’s durable silicone waterproofing. You can also use it to restore color and shine to faded or dry leather.
Protection For Tough Boots
This innovative spray for waterproofing boots attaches to leather and textiles to produce an incredibly resistant water barrier while enabling them to breathe, making it ideal for use in wet environments. You may use it on both fabric and leather boots.
- It doesn’t change the color
- Works well and repels water
- Easy to apply
- No strong smell
- Great on Timberland boots, but after the first couple of times, you would need to be redone regularly.
Apple Brand Garde Protector Spray
Apple Brand’s spray is among the most adaptable of the several high-quality shoe protectors available. Thanks to the invisible seal, the leather will be conditioned and protected from stains while remaining waterproof.
Kept Dry and Clean
When you get stranded in a downpour, Garde will protect your footwear. Garde prevents damage to leather from water, salt, body oil, grease, sweat, coffee, alcohol, and more by sealing the material in an invisible protective layer.
It Won’t Affect Appearance
Apple Brand Garde won’t change the hue of your goods. Also, it won’t leave behind any sticky or gummy residues either.
Hassle-free to Apply
The spray is extremely easy to apply and very reliable. I did three coats for my two pairs of boots and waited for them to fully dry before applying the next coat. And till then, I had around 1/6 of the spray can left for touch-ups.
I tend to get my Timberland boots dirty easily. But, after applying this spray on my pair, I was able to clean the top simply with a damp rag. There was a day when the boots were very dirty (much more than the picture), and I was amazed to see that it wiped away like it had never happened!
- Water and stain resistance
- Easy to use
- Helps to wipe away dirt
- No color transfer
- Not suitable for pebbled leather
Cadillac Shield Water & Stain Leather Protector
Another one I must recommend is the Cadillac Protector. Though personally, I haven’t used it, it has kept my friend’s Timberland sneakers clean for the last month of nearly constant use, even after playing outside in red clay.
Make Sure Your Footwear is Protected from the Rain
Cadillac Shield waterproof spray maintains your footwear’s pristine and dry condition. Help to avoid damaging materials like leather, nubuck, polyester, nylon, canvas, and synthetics. The shield can protect you against water damage caused by snow, rain, and puddles.
Barriers to Stain
This protection spray is impervious to grime, turf, salt, oil, alcohol, coffee, and juice. Shields will prevent stains and weather damage to your shoes and accessories when used regularly.
Alcohol, silicone, and fluoropolymers found in competing water-blocking solutions act like a suffocating blanket, trapping moisture, perspiration, heat, stink, and so on, ultimately reducing the material’s useful life. Whereas this protective spray is silicon-free and breathable.
- Extends the Timberland boots’ working life
- Uses an effective, yet gentle blend formula
- Prevents oils, dirt, and grime build up on leather
- Maintains natural appearance and breathability
- For better results, you have to spray it from 8 inches away.
Pedag German Made Waterproofer
Although the can appears smaller than competitors, this product goes a long way. You can prevent damage from moisture, grime, and stains using Pedag Waterproofer Spray.
Pedag works well on canvas, as well as smooth leather, suede, and Nubuck. Favorite footwear with a climate membrane may benefit from being treated with this waterproofer spray since it does not clog the pores and allows the fabric to breathe.
Sprays on Easy
You may use this spray to seal out moisture and grime. Save your shoes with this shoe protector, crease seal for sneakers, or sneaker shield.
This sealant spray works effectively against dirt, water, and stains. All you need to do is simply apply even light coats on the boots’ exterior.
This nanotechnology spray for waterproofing shoes and fabric is effective on a wide variety of colored items, including sneakers, boots, tents, hats, coats, jackets, gloves, luggage, upholstery, car seats, boat seats, and more.
- Lasting water repellency
- Quick to dry
- Easy to apply
- Effective shoe saver
- You should apply this stuff outdoors and try to stay upwind of the spray.
Moneysworth & Best Suede & Nubuck Protector
If you are looking for a cheap option for your Nubuck or Suede Timberland boots, the M&B protector is the right one. It is ideal to use on all Nubuck and Suede boots and shoes.
This Protector Spray is the ultimate defense for all soft leather types against the damaging effects of moisture, dirt, oil, and stains. The highly effective solution adds protection against water and stains without altering the color of the coated footwear.
Also, this fast-drying, mild composition is ideal for protecting napped leather.
With built-in UV protection, this product is a lifesaver if you have suede or nubuck footwear that you want to keep looking fresh. There is no unpleasant odor. And even after three applications, you will notice any signs of being treated on the suede.
- Extends the lifespan of your boots
- Fast-drying and airy shielding
- Reduces the risk of discoloration
- Prevents cracking and fading
- The greatest effort was put into the preparation, but it was well worth it.
How to Use the Waterproof Spray on Timberland Boots: Easy Steps
You can never tell when the elements or other outdoor hazards may harm the pricey Timberland boots. If you’ve just purchased a pair of boots from Timberland or any other soft leather footwear, applying waterproof spray will keep your boots in pristine condition for as long as possible.
Just follow these steps:
- Remove the laces and wipe down the boots with a dry paper towel to remove any dust or grime that may have settled in, including the rubber sole.
- To apply the spray to your boots, look for a place with plenty of air circulation.
- Keep the can upright when spraying. Apply a light, even application spray over the whole surface of the boots, even the soles, from a distance of 6 to 10 inches (15.2 to 25.4 cm). The fabric’s color should become momentarily darker and richer as a result.
- For best efficacy, boots should be left for four hours to sit in the ventilated area.
- Re-apply an even coat to the boot uppers and soles.
- Dry the boots for at least two days. The footwear must be kept cool at all times.
- Put another application of spray on the boots. Dry them out for another day. This guarantees that footwear will be more resistant to water damage.
- Every few months, or whenever your boots might use a little TLC, repeat the steps outlined above, taking care to clean them thoroughly in between.
Why Should You Use Waterproof Spray?
- To Make Your Shoes and Boots Last Longer
You know that continuously exposing shoes to water and other factors may cause them to wear out faster than normal. If you spray your shoes with waterproofing spray, they may survive far longer than they would otherwise.
- Reduce the Contact Angles Between Dirt and Products
If your boots are wet, dirt is more likely to cling to them because of the increased contact angles. A protective spray will help keep your belongings dry and free from all factors, preventing them from becoming filthy due to frequent contact with moisture and other elements.
- Waterproof spray does not alter the appearance, texture, or flexibility of the materials it is sprayed on.
- Protecting spray makes your shoes more durable.
- It is less expensive than other waterproofing methods. Waterproofing effectiveness may be evaluated by purchasing lesser amounts to check whether they are sufficient for testing.
Hopefully, you have already set your mind on which best waterproof spray for Timberland boots to purchase. No wonder waterproof spray can be effective in protecting shoes from water damage. However, the effectiveness of the spray can vary depending on the product’s quality and the shoes’ material. It’s important to follow the manufacturer’s instructions and to reapply the spray regularly for optimal protection.